1. What’s the first piece of music that you bought for yourself, and what was the medium?
I’ve never brought a CD or anything. I’ve always just searched for music I want to listen to on YouTube.
2. What was the first concert you saw?
I don’t really go to concerts. I never have. The first concert I went to that wasn’t mine was Kendrick Lamar.
3. Who made you realize you could be an artist full-time?
My managers and my A&R Rob.
4. What’s at the top of your professional bucket list?
For me, I just wanna see things I haven’t seen before. That’s always going to be the top of any list.
5. How did your hometown/city shape who you are?
The estate is who I am. It made me see life in a different way, from a different angle.
6. What’s the last song you listened to?
“Hear No Evil” (me and Future)
7. If you could see any artist in concert, dead or alive, who would it be?
P Diddy and Biggie so I could see the dance in person.
8. What’s the craziest thing you’ve seen happen in the crowd of one of your sets?
Someone did a backflip in the mosh pit in Paris; it was a madness.
9. What’s your karaoke go-to?
I don’t do karaoke.
10. What movie, or song, always makes you cry?
Nothing has made me cry.
11. What TV series have you watched all the way through multiple times?
I barely watch any TV series all the way through, but a series that I have and is crazy is Zoo.
12. What’s one thing that even your most devoted fans don’t know about you?
The fans know everything.
13. If you were not a musician, what would you be?
14. What’s one piece of advice you would give to your younger self?
To look at the bigger picture.
15. Why did you choose to name your album Edna?
It’s named after my mum. It’s my debut album. It was only right I named it after her.
16. How did the collaboration with Drake come about on the “Only You Freestyle”?
It was pretty organic. People think there is a massive or really interesting story behind it, but he messaged me and asked me to jump on a track — that’s it.
17. You just turned 26 on this month. What are some goals you hope to set out for yourself in not only your music career, but also your personal life?
My main goal is to have a super mansion. I’ve been putting some deep thought into this.
18. What do you think is the most underrated part of your skill set as an MC?
I don’t know. Probably writing lyrics.
19. You began freestyling when you were in jail several years ago. What ways did that sharpen your skills as a lyricist ? Do you still freestyle today?
It helped me a lot in terms of my ability to write and think on the spot. My skills have always been very sharp though. Yeah [I still freestyle].
20. If you can pick one word to title this chapter in your life, what word would that be and why?